Yes, and I might make it three and dare Rudy to remix three of my new tracks off of Mauvais. And I might dare metropolis to release it as a new remix conflict series… I’m not sure though. But for sure, I have remixed two tracks for Wumpscut. Came about in a funny way, I saw on Facebook that he had posted a tattoo on someone’s arm. I begged him to go on tour with vac in summer of 2014. VAC would be his live band, and I would put a manikin in center stage and he could sing back stage and never ever show his face to the crowd. He denied me :( Instead asked if I would be up for some remixes. I was like, “SURE”. But after working with the songs. I am in love. I have a dream. Wumpscut has long been one of the few peers I ever saw as my greater in this genre. A modern idol to me. If some how I could be in Wumpscut in some way some day, this would be more like a dream coming to light.
Of all the bands in the scene in the 90s and 2000s. Wumpscut has made the best industrial songs, strong enough to carry club nights, the DAC charts and spawn a scene for 15 + years. I only wish I was as good. Some of my fans claim that I am better. Even Rudy said to me once on the phone that Calling ov The Dead Was a Masterpiece. Yes we used to talk on the phone back in the day. The only other bands that I look up to in the scene are Covenant (eskil and band), Snog(david my vegan brother), Haujobb(only up to solutions), Kmfdm(all). I credit Wumpscut, Snog, Haujobb, Covenant, KMFDM and Myself(VAC), for making Industrial strong in the 90s and 2000s. Sure some have come after and before. But hands down, I pick our generation over all others. Maybe I am being arrogant. We did it with out the big budgets and always with 1 or two brain childs and no big labels holding our hands. It is a new age now, some of us are still kicking, but the scene is almost completely dead now :( The closing of Das Bunker in LA is proof of this. So I am not going to pat myself on the back …..
I will however ride out the dying wave of the scene by playing as many live shows as I can, and releasing two more LPs. Doing as many remixes as I can. This is the beginning of the end folx. Wish us all luck, and let me know what you think about these words in this post by leaving a comment, now anyone can.
- Velvet Acid Christ Live in Delaware @ Asylum 13 Friday Jan 30th 2015 with Mindless Faith, Rodney of the Dead Milkmen
- Velvet Acid Christ Live in NYC! @ Santos Party House Saturday Jan 31st 2015. With Mindless Faith, Rodney of Dead Milkmen
- Velvet Acid Christ Remixed Assemblage 23’s Side Project Surveillance
- Cubase 8.0 Review by Velvet Acid Christ.
- The Dead Milkmen and VAC? What?
- Wojciech ‘kr-lik’ Król VAC Live keyboardist in Europe.
- Velvet Acid Christ: Grey, Video by Soundmirror66
- Velvet Acid Christ Touring 2015, Fly in gigs. Mindless Faith and more. *UPDATED*