Simply my all time favorite synth ever. Why? it never failed us on tour. Played backing tracks, midi sequenced our lights with other hardware, was able to play and set up songs where we could play over them, and put fx and mix in the box and get it to sound great live. The converters on this kronos are pretty good, I liked them more than the roland octa 10 converter we were using on the pc before.
The Pianos are great. I convertered sample libs into it, choirs from elaborate kontakt 2 sounds i got over the years, via sound font. So i was able to use any choir patch or any sound i wanted, samples with key splits, sound fx, noises, and split the keyboard with strings bass, samples and sound fx all with different fx routings. Because the kronos has 10 insert fx, and 3 master fx.
A power house. The fx sound amazing, the best onboard workstation fx ever. I love the verbs, delays, chourus, flange, phasers, and limiters and compressors. I love the drum sounds in this thing. Simply amazing. You can rout any fx into any fx.
The VA engines. The ms20 is ok, no where near as good as the real thing, the polysix sounds faint and kinda meh and nothing like the real thing. THE AL1 is amazing. I don’t like it for bass, but for arps, leads, pads, strings and plucked sounds I really like it. The pcm sounds are really good over all, except i do not like the acoustic guitars, they gotta fix that shit. This is the perfect synth for any kind of music. Ethereal maybe its strong point. But i can make it do anything. Its almost like having a killer daw with no latency. So live we performed much better than when we were using our laptops. Tighter, and no sloppy playing thanks to super low latency. Cannot say that about our pc rig.
If you plan on gigging in a van, or a tour bus, GET THIS. take the time to learn how to set it up, and i am telling you it is simply the best live instrument we have ever used, its why we had to have two of them. Nothing else nails it. ssd drive, plenty of ram, load in sounds, fx, run them through fx, splits with pads, strings, and basses and leads all on one keyboard layout, per each song. so amazing..
I give this a 10 out of 10.
- Velvet Acid Christ Live in Delaware @ Asylum 13 Friday Jan 30th 2015 with Mindless Faith, Rodney of the Dead Milkmen
- Velvet Acid Christ Live in NYC! @ Santos Party House Saturday Jan 31st 2015. With Mindless Faith, Rodney of Dead Milkmen
- Velvet Acid Christ Remixed Assemblage 23’s Side Project Surveillance
- Cubase 8.0 Review by Velvet Acid Christ.
- The Dead Milkmen and VAC? What?
- Wojciech ‘kr-lik’ Król VAC Live keyboardist in Europe.
- Velvet Acid Christ: Grey, Video by Soundmirror66
- Velvet Acid Christ Touring 2015, Fly in gigs. Mindless Faith and more. *UPDATED*