This is simply the second best bass synth in the world. next to the minimoog of course. I say its the 2nd best roland mono synth ever, next to the sh5.. This thing can sound fat, 2 osc + a sub. this means, big fat bass. fast snappy envs, with the perfect shape for bass. If you can’t afford this, i suggest the sh09. i don’t like the CEM osc in the sh101, its not discrete so it doesn’t glow or sound as warm as these oscs do.. forget the over priced sh101.. makes wicked 909 and 808 like kicks and percussive sounds. Used on Hex Angel, lust for blood. After further use i have discovered that it can also make wicked trance lead lines and arpegios. The interface is simple, and easy to get around. I love how the envelopes snap, very musical. And very different from the moog and korg synths from the same era. The modulations are simple, but it has auto bend, 1 lfo that can be assigned to the osc and the filter. The env can be routed to the pwm as well.
Ok, i made a video of the sh-2 using the riffs from futile to show off the sh2., i love this synth! Fuck moogs, when you have a sh-2, you will never need one. Rolands are the heart and soul of VAC. I HEART ROLAND! well, old roland..
Okay here is the crappy lofi version via youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsTqD93CNe4.
- The Siren Project: Denouement finally finished.
- Vodka Bukkake
- Terminus: Through the eyes of vac..
- Velvet Acid Christ News 6/17/2015
- BAD NEWS: Family Emergency made me pull out of the Milwaukee, Columbus and Pittsburgh in June.
- VAC News April 16.
- Velvet Acid Christ Festival Appearances in 2015.
- Covenant Show In Denver April 7th, one of the best days of my life…